Arc’teryx Men’s Beta AR Jacket
The streamlined Beta AR Jacket provides the backcountry minimalist with durable storm protection in a lightweight and packable format.
This hip length GORE-TEX® Pro Shell jacket reduces layering overlap and bulk, a helmet compatible Drop Hood™ offers quick storm protection, and reinforced shoulder and elbows survive alpine abuse.
A mainstay in the Arc’teryx lineup since 2000, the Beta AR is the do everything, most versatile waterproof/breathable jacket for mountain environments. Hand pockets, athletic fit that accommodates maximum layers and a hood with an internal collar mean comfort in storms, climbing, skiing or simply enjoying the outdoors.
Just the Right Length
Hip length is the easiest to work with when layering waterproof/breathable garments. Not too short so it doesn’t ride up or expose the lower back and not so long as to be cumbersome underneath a harness or a pack belt, the Beta AR hits the middle ground.
A good hood is a crucial detail on any serious alpine jacket. The Beta AR features the Arc’teryx DropHood™, a helmet-compatible, fast adjust hood with a separate collar for draft protection.
The Key Piece
If a person can only choose one jacket for all their activities, the Beta AR is a solid, well-rounded piece. Durable, lightweight, with hand pockets and pit zippers for ventilation, it can manage storms, rock, snow and cool seasons. GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest level of waterproof/breathable performance.
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easy layering
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
Zippers & Fly Configuration
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- Laminated pit zippers allow for faster venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Machine wash in warm water.
- Double rinse.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Remove immediately.
- Do not leave wet.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.